MEMBERS OF THE GOVERNING COUNCIL
Rt. Rev James Ochiel- Chairman
Prof Hazel Miseda Mumbo- Secretary
Dr. Charlies Angira
Dr. Iscah Oluoch
Mr. George Oele
Mr. Hesbon Otieno
Ms. Clemtine Gwoswar
Mr. Salmon Ogutu Owii- Director
FUNCTIONS OF THE GOVERNING COUNCIL OF THE INSTITUTE
- The Governing Council shall be the second highest operation wing of the General Assembly of Members. It shall meet three times in a year.
- The Governing Council shall have the powers to make policies, guidelines, rules and regulations as deemed appropriate subject to the approval by the General Assembly.
- The Chairman and Secretary of the general assembly shall be chair of the council and secretary respectively.
- The council shall constitute the committees as required to support in the governance of the institute e.g. Finance and Administration, Academic, Research and Partnership and any other committees as maybe required.
- The governing council shall appoint the auditor and present him/her to the GAM for approval
- The Governing Council shall appoint and disappoint Director, the Deputy Director(s) and other technical staff as the case may be.
- The Governing Council shall approve operational plans and budgets
- The Governing Council shall provide strategic direction
- The Governing Council shall mediate between staff and other structures.
- The Governing Council shall resource mobilization
- The Governing Council shall be the mouth piece of the organization
- If, in the opinion of two thirds of the members of the governing council a council member behaves contrary to the purpose of the institute, its reputation or dignity, the Governing Council shall constitute a committee of reputable and appropriate qualifications to review the issue and take any appropriate action including removal/suspension and report to the general assembly